The Militant Libertarian

I'm pissed off and I'm a libertarian. What else you wanna know?

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

The State of the Union Address (in a nutshell)

Here is the President's State of the Union Address in a nutshell:

"Blah blah blah blah support the troops blah blah blah terrorist threats blah blah blah Homeland Security blah blah blah economy isn't tanking blah blah blah blah perscription drug entitlement blah blah blah grandchildren will pay for it blah blah blah blah blah trust me and keep things the way they are blah blah blah or fall back to the Dark Ages blah blah defense of American people blah blah blah keep the Patriot Act blah blah blah terrorists blah blah blah blah terrorist regime blah blah killers joined by terrorists blah blah blah democracy blah blah blah blah terrorist blah blah blah blah blah blah..."

Well, that's basically it. I didn't count, but in the transcript of his speech, the word terrorist appears in almost every paragraph. Got a point to make, Mr. President?

I'm sorry, but I don't find any justification for villifying our rights in the name of "Homeland Security" and the word "terrorist" only makes me think of the IRS. So you aren't making an impact here, Bush.

I'm not sure why I bothered with his State of the Terrorists Address anyway. I knew it would only piss me off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home