The Militant Libertarian

I'm pissed off and I'm a libertarian. What else you wanna know?

Sunday, April 04, 2004

Sheeple

Oi, sometimes I wonder about the world. Here's another instance of poor government schooling combined with a general lack of intelligence and an apparent disconnect from the world at large...

I'm in the grocery store today and I'm wearing one of my "politically active" t-shirts (of which I own many). This one, specifically, reads:

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer and the world will follow our lead into the future! -Adolf Hitler, 1935"

Anyway, this lady reads it and gives me a funny (and I suspect, for her, confrontational) look. "You are a Nazi?" She asks.

I laughed. Seriously, I laughed out loud. Her ignorance and accusation were too much. I stood still and held the shirt out flat so she could read it again. "Hitler liked gun control," I said. "If you like gun control, you must love Hitler." She smiled and nodded and pushed her cart away.

She probably thinks I'm nuts too.

On the up side, this example of sheeple probably doesn't vote and most likely has no ambitions beyond tonight's pot roast and beans.

Sigh

-----
Got comments? Email me, dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home