The Militant Libertarian

I'm pissed off and I'm a libertarian. What else you wanna know?

Friday, July 09, 2004

The F Word

When the whole Cheney saying the f-word thing blew up, there was an article in that Sunday's Salt Lake Tribune showing the history in the Congress of various forms of abuse
from one elected official to another: pistol-whipping, canings, fisticuffs, etc.

Getting unhappy because someone said "f**k" to you seems pretty pansy in comparison.

Personally, I'd like to see them go back to having the threat of violence should they really cheese someone off. Might keep some of the morons in line.

Further, were I elected to state or federal legislature, I would propose a bill which would install a small boxing ring with gloves on the House and Senate floors so that those with real contentions can duke it out in front of everyone. It'd be funny to see Orrin Hatch and, say, Hillary Clinton goin' mano-e-mano in the boxing ring...

Just a thought, anyway.

-----
Got comments? Email me, dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home