The Militant Libertarian

I'm pissed off and I'm a libertarian. What else you wanna know?

Friday, November 20, 2009

The Rebuilding of Militant Libertarian

OK, folks. I've alluded to this before, but am now getting read to actually go through with it. The new and improved MilitantLibertarian.org will be much more useful and definitely more engaging. We need to build a network, not just dump information, so my plan is to make you, the reader, much more inclusive.

Facebook and Twitter were the first baby steps, now it's time for a lot more. As I mentioned, this will be a much bigger enterprise than just me, and will involve a lot of people, including you. The Militant Liberian Facebook profile now has about 200 friends and grows by 2-5 daily. It's been up less than a week. That amazes me. My own FB profile only has about a hundred. Militant Libertarian surpassed that in less than 48 hours.

So here's the plan: all of us are now Militant Libertarians. Our motto is "Give me liberty, or eat lead!"

Collectively, in whatever sense that applies to libertarians, we can make real change where many others have failed. Why? Because we have one solid thing backing us that those other groups didn't: we aren't tied to any scheme or paradigm. We aren't about getting "good Republicans" elected or writing letters to Congresscritters who don't care about us, or taking to the streets with signs (in designated Free Speech Zones, of course).

Nope, we're about being free and having liberty RIGHT THE FUCK RIGHT NOW. Excuse the language. But that's it. We want it RIGHT NOW. Today. This minute. We're not afraid to get it either. Most of us already have it. So we're keeping it.

To that end, the new MilitantLibertarian.org will require a lot of work to be set in place. Hosting (I already have one ready), design, programming, etc., etc. The good news is, I can do most of that myself. The bad news? I don't have a lot of time or money to spend on it.

That's where you come in. I need two things in the next week: someone to do some graphics work with some template headers and such and about $50 to finance the next year's hosting (it's cheaper by the year) and to secure a backup (mirror) location so the site is secure.

So for that $50, I'm turning to you folks. Got $5? $2? The whole $50? Great! Here's the ChipIn to make it happen:



-----
Got comments? Email me, dammit!
Permanent link for this article which can be used on any website:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home